Diversity of the applicant pool begins with broad outreach and well-placed ads to attract qualified applicants. Open positions posted on Brown’s Career Site are also fed to other job sites including, The Chronicle of Higher Education, Diverse Issues in Higher Ed, EmployRI, Higher Education Recruitment Consortium, Indeed, Inside Higher Education, Journal of Blacks in Higher Education, LinkedIn and Higher Ed Jobs. In addition to sourcing candidates through traditional methods, you should also target professional organizations and agencies devoted to building a diverse workforce. Consult the resources below for more broad-based recruiting:
- Colleges, Universities, and Technical Schools
- Facebook Groups
- Federal, State, and Local Government Agencies
- Higher Education and General Advertisers
- Local Organizations
- Job Specific Recruiting Resources
Note: If a position is determined to be underutilized, external advertising is required. Hiring departments are responsible for advertising costs.
Hiring managers are responsible for:
- Developing a strategy to reach the target audiences necessary to produce a diverse pool
- Monitoring applications to ensure that targeted outreach is yielding candidates with the appropriate qualifications
- Requesting an interim pool report from a Recruitment Coordinator to determine if there is a diverse pool based on candidate self-identification and whether additional outreach is necessary
For recommendations and assistance with advertising, please contact:
Success Communications Group
Email: [email protected]
Please note that the job requisition must be posted on Brown’s external career site in order for Lori to run additional ads. In addition to the job requisition, Lori will also need the Department Name, Cost Center, and contact info for invoicing.