Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation Facility
The transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) facility is located within an electrically shielded room.
- Magstim Super Rapid2Plus1
- Magstim Bistim2
- Magstim Double Rapid Air Film Coil
- Magstim Double Rapid Air Film SHAM coil
- Magstim D702
- Magstim D702SHAM coil
- Magstim 50 mm butterfly coil
Other TMS Equipment:
- Brainsight NeuroNavigation System including Polaris 3D infrared camera
- Rogue Research Brainsight Trigger module
- Rogue Research chair
- Experimental control machine: Mac Mini 2.6Ghz Quad-core i7 with NiDAQmx USB-6008 card for timing or interface with TMS machines, 120Hz Benq xl2420T 24" LCD/LED backlit monitor, and Ziotek Mobile Workstation Cart II
The formal procedures for obtaining access and use of the TMS facility and equipment are briefly outlined below. For more details on these procedures or questions, please see the Carney HuTS Standard Operating Procedure (available upon request) and/or email Simona Temereanca Ibanescu.
- Obtain IRB approval for your TMS study.
- Obtain appropriate training to operate TMS equipment and design TMS studies (see the Carney HuTS Standard Operating Procedure, available upon request).
- Submit a Brain Simulation Facility application to [email protected].
- Single PDF containing: biosketch, research project description (1-2 pages), IRB approval letter