In the event of an emergency, please continue to check this page for updates. Details included on this page during an emergency will include:
- Information and updates about the nature of the emergency
- Steps being taken to address the emergency
- Current status, with cumulative chronology
- Any necessary instructions for the University community
- Resources for further information
To update contact information:
Brown students, faculty and staff can use their personal cell phone number to enable Brown to reach them in the event of an emergency. Personal cell phone numbers will only be used by authorized personnel for emergencies or official business.
- Brown students, please enter your cellphone number in Banner.
- Brown faculty and staff, please enter your cellphone number in Workday.
Brown Public Safety: 401-863-4111 (4111 from any campus phone)
Providence Police, Fire, Medical: 911 or 401-272-1111
Providence Police (non-emergency): 401-272-3121