The Office of Research Integrity (ORI) supports the Brown University research community by providing guidance, education and resources to facilitate the conduct of ethical research in accordance with governing federal and state regulations and University policies. The ORI’s multidisciplinary team:
- Provides administrative support and regulatory advisement to the University’s Institutional Review Board (IRB), Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC), and Conflict of Interest Review Board;
- Handles allegations of research misconduct or other reports of research-related noncompliance;
- Conducts outreach and education to researchers and staff regarding best practices to facilitate regulatory compliance and required institutional approvals;
- Promotes integrity in scholarship by supporting education in ethical and responsible conduct of research and through provision of customized sessions in research integrity by invitation;
- Assists researchers with adhering to requirements associated with international research, including running the University’s Export Control compliance program.
We are committed to excellence in all the services we provide. We look forward to working with you.