IRB | IACUC | Conflict of Interest | Export Control | Research Misconduct | Authorship | RCR | Research Data Management | Data Use Agreements | Reporting concerns
Office of Research Integrity
The Office of Research Integrity (ORI) partners with the research community to facilitate ethical research guided by governing policies and regulations.
Our Core Values
Achieve Excellence: We hold ourselves to high ethical standards and maintain an environment of encouragement, support, and inclusivity. Our diverse perspectives drive smarter decisions, increase innovation, and strengthen performance.
Have Fun: Paperwork might not always be fun, but we are! We seek to find the bright side in every situation and maintain a sense of humor.
Evolve and Adapt: We navigate the ever-changing landscape of research policy with agility, creativity, and transparency to continuously improve our practices.
Collaborate: We welcome respectful dialogue and partnership to solve problems. If we don't have the answer, we'll work together to find it.
- Provides administrative support and regulatory advisement to the University's Institutional Review Board (IRB), Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) , Conflict of Interest Review Board, and Embryonic Stem Cell Research Oversight (ESCRO) Committee.
- Assists researchers with adhering to requirements associated with international research collaborations, including running the University’s Export Control Compliance Program;
- Manages the intake, review and approval of Data Use Agreements for research;
- Promotes integrity in research by providing training in the ethical and responsible conduct of research;
- Handles allegations of research misconduct;
- Through its Quality Assurance / Quality Improvement program, conducts outreach and education to researchers and staff regarding best practices to facilitate regulatory compliance and required institutional approvals, and performs post-approval monitoring and investigations of potential research-related non-compliance.
- Anonymously via EthicsPoint
- Confidentially to the Director of the Office of Research Integrity
- To the Vice President for Research, serving as the Institutional Official
You may also consider speaking with Brown's Ombudsperson to discuss your concerns and determine if you would like to proceed with a formal complaint or report.
We are committed to excellence in all the services we provide. We look forward to working with you.