Office of Research Integrity
The Office of Research Integrity (ORI) supports the Brown University research community by providing guidance, education and resources to facilitate the conduct of ethical research in accordance with governing federal and state regulations and University policies. The ORI’s multidisciplinary team:
- Provides administrative support and regulatory advisement to the University's Institutional Review Board (IRB), Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) , and Conflict of Interest Review Board;
- Assists researchers with adhering to requirements associated with international research collaborations, including running the University’s Export Control Compliance Program;
- Promotes integrity in research by providing training in the ethical and responsible conduct of research;
- Handles allegations of research misconduct;
- Through its Quality Assurance / Quality Improvement program, conducts outreach and education to researchers and staff regarding best practices to facilitate regulatory compliance and required institutional approvals, and performs post-approval monitoring and investigations of potential research-related non-compliance.
We are committed to excellence in all the services we provide. We look forward to working with you.