Welcome to the CLPS Faculty Activities Section!
Learn about some of the academic and professional activities of department members by clicking on the menu buttons on the left-hand side of this page. We have authors, book editors, journal editors-in-chief and presidents of professional organizations. Scroll through the announcements below to learn about department recipients of recent awards and honors. To nominate a department member for an internal or external award, follow the instructions on the Nominations Committee charge. To post an announcement about a CLPS recipient of a recent award or honor, email the Chair of the Nominations Committee ([email protected]) with the name of the honoree, the name of the award or honor, and a link to the award or honor information.
Honors and Awards for the 2020-21 Academic Year
- Congratulations to Professor David Sobel on his election as Fellow of the American Psychological Association.
- Amitai Shenhav was a winner of the 2020 APS Janet Taylor Spence Award for Transformative Early Career Contributions.
- Bertram Malle has a paper that just received the Scientific Impact Award (2019), Society of Experimental Social Psychology, for 1994 journal article on social dominance orientation (with Felicia Pratto, Jim Sidanius, Lisa Stallworth).
- Steve Sloman was elected a Fellow for the Cognitive Science Society.
- Steve Sloman was elected a Fellow for the Society for Experimental Psychologists.
- Michael Frank has won the National Academy of Sciences 2021 Troland Research Award.
- Amitai Shenhav has been awarded the Cognitive Neuroscience Society Young Investigator Award.
- Congratulations to David Badre on the publication of his new book: On Task: How Our Brain Gets Things Done, Princeton University Press.
- Oriel FeldmanHall was awarded the Early Career Award from the Society for Neuroeconomics.
- Amitai Shenhav was elected a Fellow of the Association for Psychological Science.
- Oriel FeldmanHall wins the 2020 Society for Social Neuroscience Early Career Award.
- Roman Feiman was named a Rising Star by the Association for Psychological Science.
- Roman Feiman wins a 2021 Salomon Award for his project: The role of grammar and descriptions in referent identification.
- Congratulations to Professor David Sobel, recipient of the 2021 Howard R. Swearer Engaged Faculty Award for Research!
- Daphna Buchsbaum is a recipient of an Early Career Research Contribution Award from the Society for Research in Child Development. Congratulations Daphna!