Application deadline: May 1, 2020, for academic year 2020-2021.
CSREA invites tenure-track faculty at Brown University (lecturer-track, tenured, and tenure-track faculty) whose scholarship focuses on race, ethnicity, and/or indigeneity in the United States or comparatively, to apply to be a CSREA Brown Faculty Fellow for the academic year 2020-2021. Fellows will contribute to the intellectual life of CSREA through engaged participation in scholarly and social activities at the Center.
- Fellows provided with $10,000 in stipend OR temporary teaching funds for their home department to replace one required course (with Chair’s approval), AND up to $2,000 in reimbursable research funds
- Possible office space during the fellowship period
- Up to two (2) Brown Faculty Fellowships awarded per academic year
- Fellows expected to attend and participate in the CSREA Fellows Seminar (about 5 sessions per semester), a collegial and engaging setting where fellows share written works in progress and provide feedback to one another.
Fellows expected to participate in social community-building activities sponsored by the Center.
For Brown University faculty of all ranks in the Humanities, Arts, and Humanistic Social Sciences working on issues of race, ethnicity, and/or indigeneity in the United States, or U.S.-related transnational contexts.
- Be a member of the regular faculty (lecturer-track, tenured, and tenure-track faculty)
Have the support of their Department Chair for the fellowship
Applicants must complete this application form to be fully considered. Applications will be reviewed by the CSREA Faculty Advisory Board. Other relevant faculty within or external to Brown may be consulted at the discretion of the Board.
Applications for AY 2020-21 term due on May 1, 2020. Awardees notified in June 2020. The first convening of the selected cohort of Fellows will be in early September 2020.
Questions? Please contact CSREA Associate Director, Stéphanie Larrieux.