Application deadline: April 5, 2021, for fall 2021.
CSREA invites tenured and other long-term faculty whose scholarship focuses on race, ethnicity, and/or indigeneity in the U.S. and work that connects the U.S. to related transnational contexts, to apply to be a CSREA Brown Faculty Fellow for the fall 2021 academic term. Fellows will contribute to the intellectual life of CSREA through engaged participation in scholarly and social activities at the Center.
This program is a virtual fall semester fellowship. The terms of the program may be subject to change.
- Fellows provided with $3,500 in stipend and up to $1,000 in reimbursable research funds
- Required attendance and participation at CSREA Research Seminar (the exact number of sessions to be determined)
- Fellows expected to participate in social community-building activities sponsored by the Center (e.g. Wind Down Wednesdays, lectures, events, etc.)
For Brown University faculty of all ranks working on issues of race, ethnicity, and/or indigeneity in the United States and in the Americas or related transnational contexts.
- Be a member of the regular faculty
- Have the support of their Department Chair for the fellowship
Applicants must complete this application form to be fully considered. Applications will be reviewed by the CSREA Faculty Advisory Board (FAB). Other relevant faculty within or external to Brown may be consulted at the discretion of the Board.
Applications for the fall 2021 academic term are due on Monday, April 5, 2021 by 5:00 p.m. EDT. Awardees will be notified in May 2021. The first convening of the selected cohort of fellows will be in September 2021.
Questions? Please contact CSREA Program Coordinator, Saraya McPherson.