“First Works” Series
CSREA supports significant publications by junior faculty by hosting book launches as a means of sharing various research trajectories and celebrating contributions to their fields. These events feature short presentations from the author and their colleagues as part of a public roundtable discussion, followed by a book sale and signing.
past "first works" events
- Monica Muñoz Martinez, Stanley J. Bernstein Assistant Professor of American Studies, “The Injustice Never Leaves You: Anti-Mexican Violence in Texas”
- Leticia Alvarado, Assistant Professor of Ethnic Studies and American Studies, “Abject Performances: Aesthetic Strategies in Latino Cultural Production”
- Dixa Ramirez D'Oleo, Assistant Professor of American Studies and English, “Colonial Phantoms: Belonging and Refusal in the Dominican Americas, from the 19th Century to the Present”
- Rebecca Louise Carter, Assistant Professor of Anthropology and Urban Studies, “Prayers for the People: Homicide and Humanity in the Crescent City”
- Kevin Escudero, Assistant Professor of American Studies, “Organizing While Undocumented: Immigrant Youth’s Political Activism under the Law”