Application deadline: March 31, 2021, for academic year 2021-2022.
CSREA invites tenure-track faculty (lecturer-track, tenured, and tenure-track faculty) who have been approved by their home institutions to be on a funded scholarly leave and whose scholarship focuses on race, ethnicity, and/or indigeneity in the United States, to apply to be a Visiting Faculty Fellow for the Fall 2021 academic semester.
This program is a virtual Fall semester fellowship. The terms of the program may be subject to change.
Fellows will have access to Brown University resources and are invited to contribute to the academic community. There will be opportunities to present work-in-progress in a campus-wide public lecture or performance. Projects should focus at least in part on issues of race, ethnicity, and/or indigeneity in the United States, or U.S.-related transnational contexts. Fellows are expected to cover their own expenses (including health benefits) for the duration of their appointment.
- Awardees receive a $4,500 stipend for a semester-long fellowship and have access to up to $1,000 each in research funds
Attendance and participation at CSREA Research Seminar (5-7 sessions per semester) is required
- Be a member of the regular faculty (lecturer-track, tenured, and tenure-track faculty) at their home institution
- Previous CSREA Visiting Faculty Fellows are not eligible
Applicants must complete this application form and submit the following supplementary documents to be fully considered:
- A cover letter discussing what the applicant hopes to achieve during the fellowship period and why being affiliated with CSREA and Brown would be especially helpful in accomplishing the goals
- A current Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- A sample of scholarly or creative work (maximum 35 pages)
- A one-page research project abstract
A more detailed research proposal (1,200–2,000 words, excluding the bibliography):
- The proposal should outline the research that the applicant will pursue during the term of the fellowship
- One letter of recommendation from a senior colleague from within or outside home institution
- One approval/support letter from Department Chair endorsing the application
Applications for Fall 2021 academic term is due on Wednesday March 31, 2021. Awardees notified in May 2021. The first convening of the selected cohort of Fellows will be in September 2021.
Questions? Please contact CSREA Program Coordinator, Saraya McPherson.