The new federal grants management regulations known as “Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards (2 C.F.R 200)," or the Uniform Guidance went into effect December 26, 2014. The Uniform Guidance consolidates, streamlines and supersedes eight existing OMB Ciriculars, including, A-21, A-110, and A-133.
All new awards and increments of funding made on or after December 26, 2014 will be subject to the new Guidance.
To support Brown's research community with the implementation of these new regulations, OSP is developing resources and tools to assist with the interpreting these new regulations, implementing required policy and/or procedure changes, and tracking awards under the new guidance.
Navigating the Uniform Guidance:
The Uniform Guidance is broken down into Subparts. The preamble also provides a useful framework and discussion of how certain guidelines were ultimately determined.
- Preamble – Major Policy Reforms
- Subpart A – Acronyms and Definitions
- Subpart B – General Provisions
- Subpart C – Pre Award Requirements
- Subpart D – Post Award Requirements
- Subpart E – Cost Principles
- Subpart F – Audit Requirements
Federal Agency Specific Implementations:
|Agency||Agency Specific Implementation Guidance|
|Department of Health & Human Services||
|Department of Defense|
|Department of Energy|
|Environmental Protections Agency|
|National Aeronautics and Space Administration|
|National Science Foundation|
- FAQs for OMB's Uniform Guidance - updated July 2017
- U.S Chief Financial Officers Council Page on Uniform Guidance
- Uniform Guidance Crosswalk for Federal agency Exceptions and Additions