Many undergraduate students have an academic year work component as part of their financial aid package, referred to as Federal Work-Study or Campus Employment. More information can be found on the Financial Aid website.
Student Hourly Wages
- Find a job! All available student employment opportunities are accessible in Workday. Go to WorkdayProgram@Brown Select "Workday Login" and log in using your Brown username and password. Once you are logged in, in the Workday search bar, type Find Student Jobs.
- Complete your I-9 Form at the HR Service Center in Page-Robinson Hall, room 213. The I-9 Form is a legal document and is a requirement. Students must complete this form before they start working. Refer to the List of Acceptable Documents for guidance on the types of documents required to complete your I-9 Form. Visit the HR Service Center web site for additional information. Once hired by a department, you will also need to:
- Apply for a Social Security card. Follow the steps for Applying for a Social Security Card described on the OISSS web site. Having a social security card and number are required if you work in the United States. Carefully review and follow all of the instruction on the OISSS web site.
- Submit your information into Sprintax Calculus. Email [email protected] to request a username and password from the Foreign National Tax Office.
- Open up a Bank Account for your paycheck to be deposited. (In the Fall, look for Banking Fair information as part of the orientation program.)
- Sign up for Direct Deposit so your paycheck can be deposited into your bank account without delay.