Student Resources

Federal work-study

Many undergraduate students have an academic year work component as part of their financial aid package, referred to as Federal Work-Study or Campus Employment. More information can be found on the Financial Aid website

Student Hourly Wages

Student Hourly Wages

international students
  1. Find a job! All available student employment opportunities are accessible in Workday. Go to WorkdayProgram@Brown Select "Workday Login" and log in using your Brown username and password. Once you are logged in, in the Workday search bar, type Find Student Jobs.
  2. Complete your I-9 Form at the HR Service Center in Page-Robinson Hall, room 213. The I-9 Form is a legal document and is a requirement. Students must complete this form before they start working. Refer to the List of Acceptable Documents for guidance on the types of documents required to complete your I-9 Form. Visit the HR Service Center web site for additional information. Once hired by a department, you will also need to:
  3. Apply for a Social Security card. Follow the steps for Applying for a Social Security Card described on the OISSS web site. Having a social security card and number are required if you work in the United States. Carefully review and follow all of the instruction on the OISSS web site.
  4. Submit your information into Sprintax Calculus. Email [email protected] to request a username and password from the Foreign National Tax Office.
  5. Open up a Bank Account for your paycheck to be deposited. (In the Fall, look for Banking Fair information as part of the orientation program.)
  6. Sign up for Direct Deposit so your paycheck can be deposited into your bank account without delay. 

International Student Checklist

training and resources

Entering Time Worked

Search for Student Jobs