In order to be eligible for a student job, students are required to complete student onboarding in Workday. Students are not eligible for employment until onboarding and the presenting of I-9 verification documents are completed. For detailed information, please view the Student Form I-9 and Onboarding Instructions.
Federal Form I-9
- The Federal Form I-9 is used to verify the identity and employment authorization of individuals hired for employment in the United States.
- All U.S. employers must ensure proper completion of the Form I-9 for each individual they hire for employment in the United States.
- An important step in completing the Federal Form I-9 is presenting the proper documentation within 3 days of job start date per Federal I-9 Regulations. These documents must be presented to the representatives at the HR Service Center. Students should refer to the List of Acceptable Documents for guidance on the types of documents required.
- Per Federal Government Regulations, all documents presented must be in original form and unexpired.
- Please click here for additional I-9 form information.
U.S. Social Security Number
- A U.S. Social Security Number is required for all individuals who are receiving earned income/wages in the United States.
- Students who do not have a Social Security Number must apply for one through the Social Security Administration Office.
- There is a 10 day waiting period that begins when the individual arrives in the United States. Once the individual has been in the United States for 10 days, they are eligible to begin the application process.
- The Office of International Student and Scholar Services (OISSS) can assist international students with obtaining and completing the required documentation to apply for an SSN.
- Students have 90 days from the date they start working to present their Social Security Card to the HR Service Center.
- A U.S. Social Security Card is required to elect Direct Deposit in Workday.
- All International students must enter their information into Sprintax Calculus by first emailing [email protected] and requesting a username and password from the Foreign National Tax Office.
For additional information about the student onboarding processes, and location information, please contact the HR Service Center Team.