Welcome to Brown University!
Here are some steps to take that will make your first few days at Brown go smoothly:
- Prior to your hire date you should receive an email containing your Brown ID number. This ID number is required for the process of activating your User Account as well as your Brown email. If you do not receive this information by your hire date, please contact University Human Resources at (401) 863-3175.
- Before you arrive on campus, activate your Brown account through the following link: https://myaccount.brown.edu/activate
Once you have activated your account, log into Workday using your new Brown username and password to complete your onboarding. The onboarding actions outlined below are required and should be completed before your hire date. You can access Workday using this link: https://www.brown.edu/about/administration/workday/
- Set up Two-Step Verification, which provides additional security for your Brown account. Find out more here.
- Complete and submit the notifications in your Workday inbox. These include your electronic I-9 Form, the state and federal W-4 forms, direct deposit, and personal information updates. More information on this process is available here.
- When you arrive on campus on your first day, you must come to University Human Resources to present documentation confirming work eligibility as part of your I-9. Both new and returning employees must present I-9 documentation. A list of acceptable documents is available here. All documents presented must be original and unexpired. UHR is located at 164 Angell Street, on the 3rd floor of the Brown Office Building (above the Brown University Bookstore).
- Benefit elections are also made through Workday and become available on your hire date. You have 31 calendar days from your hire date to enroll in benefits. More information on this process is available here.