Brown University offers eligible faculty and staff the Tuition Aid Program (TAP) to provide assistance in paying costs of undergraduate degree tuition for their eligible dependent child(ren) enrolled in a course of study at an accredited institution on a full-time basis.
The terms and conditions included in TAP are amended from time to time by The Corporation of Brown University. Effective July 1, 2019, the maximum tuition amount for academic year 2019/2020 is up to $12,792.00 per eligible child.
Faculty and Staff (for your dependent child(ren) to be eligible):
- Campus based faculty or staff actively working on the Brown regular payroll
- Continuous employment totaling an equivalent of 4 full years on the regular payroll with no breaks in service
- Benefit aggregate of 66.7% or greater
Dependent Child(ren) must meet the following criteria:
- Are the natural or legally adopted children of eligible employee
- Meet Brown University’s requirements for eligibility and the IRS definition of “dependent”
- Attend a school that is eligible for federal Title IV loans
- Are enrolled full-time in an undergraduate degree program and in good standing making normal academic progress as defined by the school they attend
To learn more about this program’s eligibility, benefits, and administration, please refer to the related forms on this page.
Please note: The TAP benefit may affect eligible dependent child(ren)’s financial aid package, scholarship, or other financial awards. For specific information, contact the Financial Aid office at your dependent child(ren)’s school.
Applications are accepted throughout the year and should be submitted to University Human Resources/Benefits Office, Box 1879, Providence, RI 02912.
For timely processing, please submit according to the following schedule:
- Fall Semester: submit by early June in advance of the semester
- Spring Semester: submit by early December in advance of the semester
Please contact Norah Bradbury at 401-863-1788 or email [email protected] for questions regarding TAP.