Brown University's Child Care Subsidy assists with the costs of child care expenses for eligible dependents ages 0 to 6. The subsidy grants a potential maximum yearly award of $1,000-$4,000.
Calendar year 2021 applications are now being accepted. Completed applications should be emailed to [email protected].
Employees who meet eligibility criteria and apply for an award after the October deadline, either before December 31, 2020 or within the next calendar year (January-December 2021), can apply for the subsidy once their child is enrolled in child care. Depending on when the application is received, awards may be prorated.
- You are a medical student enrolled in a degree program at least half-time or a postdoctoral fellow working at least 67% time.
- You have a legal dependent between the ages of 0 to 6 for whom you are financially responsible for in the upcoming year.
- You had a total household adjusted gross income of less than or equal to $100,000 in calendar year 2019.
You are unmarried, or have a spouse who meets one of the criteria below:
- Employed at least part-time
- A full-time student
- Considered legally disabled
- Unemployed, but actively seeking employment
- Completed 2021 application form
- The first two pages of your IRS form 1040 from 2019 and the first two pages of form 1040 for your spouse, if filed separately.
- A copy of a birth certificate or certificate of adoption for the child(ren) receiving the subsidy.
- Work visa, if applicable, for a spouse who is unemployed but actively seeking employment.
Child Care Subsidy Disbursement
Medical students and postdoctoral fellows who are approved for a child care subsidy award will receive funds as a taxable check in January and September 2021.
Contact University Human Resources at [email protected] with questions.