Brown University maintains an affiliation with the YMCA Mt. Hope Child Care Center and The Brown/Fox Point Early Childhood Education Center. Please contact each center for information on space availability and current rates.
This center is currently licensed to serve infants and children ages 6 weeks to 5 years.
Address: 421 Hope Street, Providence, RI
Contact: Terri Longworth, Administrator
This center is licensed to serve children ages 3 through kindergarten.
Address: 150 Hope Street, Providence, RI
Contact: Heather Webster, Executive Director
* In order to secure or hold an open spot in either child care center, a deposit may be expected in advance. Please check with the Director of the center as to what is required.
Eligible Brown employees have preferred enrollment at select Bright Horizons centers, plus tuition discounts at partner centers.
- Brown families move ahead on waiting lists for full-time care at select Bright Horizons centers.
- Registration fee credit is avilable after 30 days of enrollment (up to $250 value) with preferred enrollment program.
- Full-time child care discounts are available at partner centers. Discounts range from 5%-10%. Some are available as early as children aged six weeks, and most are for children aged 2-12 years.
Search for a center: www.careadvantage.com/brown
Scroll down to the Additional Family Support section, then click on the placard for ‘Center-based Child Care’ to search for the centers by zip code.
- BrightStars: Rhode Island's Tiered Quality Rating and Improvement system, assists families in finding care and recognizes and supports quality in early care and education programs.
- Rhode Island Kids Count: A comprehensive source of information regarding health, safety, education, economic security, and development of Rhode Island children.
Contact Michele Wise at 401-863-2459 or Michele_Wise@brown.edu with questions.