Brown University maintains an affiliation with the YMCA Mt. Hope Child Care Center and The Brown/Fox Point Early Childhood Education Center. Please contact each center for information on space availability and current rates.
This center is currently licensed to serve infants and children ages 6 weeks to 5 years.
Address: 421 Hope Street, Providence, RI
Contact: Samantha McCormack, Education Director
This center is licensed to serve children ages 3 and 4.
Address: 150 Hope Street, Providence, RI
Email: [email protected]
Contact: Marlene Roberti, Interim Director/Administrator
* In order to secure or hold an open spot in either child care center, a deposit may be expected in advance. Please check with the Director of the center as to what is required.
Eligible Brown employees have preferred enrollment at select Bright Horizons centers, plus tuition discounts at partner centers.
- Brown families move ahead on waiting lists for full-time care at select Bright Horizons centers.
- Registration fee credit is avilable after 30 days of enrollment (up to $250 value) with preferred enrollment program.
- Full-time child care discounts are available at partner centers. Discounts range from 5%-10%. Some are available as early as children aged six weeks, and most are for children aged 2-12 years.
On your Bright Horizons landing page, select "Childcare" and then select "Find a Center," to search centers by zipcode. If you've not already registered for Bright Horizons Back-up Care and Family Support Services, you can access registration information here.
- Rhode Island Kids Count: A comprehensive source of information regarding health, safety, education, economic security, and development of Rhode Island children.
- Brown's Employee Assistance Program, Spring Health, can assist employees with exploring childcare resources through Spring Health's work/life services. Visit the Employee Assistance Program webpage for more information.
Contact [email protected] with questions.