The Leadership Certification Program (LCP) provides new and existing leaders with the skills necessary to effectively lead at Brown. To become certified, leaders must complete An Orientation to the Leadership Certification Program, followed by 9 other modules within three years. Modules are offered as live instructor-led sessions, online modules, or a combination of the two (blended).
All newly-hired and promoted managers are required to certify and will be automatically registered in the program. Existing leaders are also encouraged to certify to refresh their skills and provide valuable insights while participating in the program.
For more information about enrollment, contact [email protected].
An Orientation to the Leadership Certification Program - an online module
If you have not done so already, please complete An Orientation to the Leadership Certification Program. Once you have finished the module, contact [email protected] to be formally enrolled in the program.
Here are some additional resources and activities all managers at Brown, new and experienced, may find useful as they navigate leading their teams:
- Role of a Manager at Brown - Development opportunities and resources for current managers at Brown
- Hit the Ground Running - Goal setting and skill-building workbook
Information for Managers
Managers of program participants play a critical role in the successful transfer of skills to the workplace. Throughout the LCP, managers receive information about the program to position the participant for success.
Here are some tips to support your participant during their certification:
- Time: Work together to plan release time to participate in the program.
- Accountability: Hold the participant accountable for consciously applying the strategies and tools learned.
- Guidance and Encouragement: Overcome barriers which may prevent the participant from applying the skills and measuring progress. Provide timely feedback from first-hand observations and acknowledge the impact of their success.
- Tools: Use performance management tools and process, along with weekly meetings, to review and document your participant's leadership development progress.