The Sheridan Center Has Moved!
The Sheridan Center has relocated! We are located on the 7th floor of the Sci Li, 201 Thayer Street.
The Sheridan Center is a place where faculty, graduate students and postdocs come together from across the disciplines to inquire about, explore, and reflect upon teaching and learning as ongoing and collaborative processes. Our programs, services and resources are available to all members of the Brown community, including full-time and part-time faculty, postdoctoral fellows, teaching fellows, and teaching assistants.
The Sheridan Center is here to support you.
- We provide practical advice about teaching and professional development.
- We promote best practices and promising new practices in teaching.
- We support instructors as they launch and develop their professional careers.
- Programs on Teaching – orientations, workshops, and lectures
- Course Development Grants – support to develop experimental modules or new courses that pursue creative approaches to teaching and learning
- Certificate Programs – five year-long certificate programs on teaching practice and preparation for professional careers
- Confidential Consulting Services – course and syllabus consultations, classroom observations, student evaluation consultations, practice teaching sessions
- Support for Research – educational components of grants, program evaluations, scholarship on teaching and learning
- Career Planning – programs and resources to help launch and develop professional careers
- Teaching and Learning Resources – publications and online resources addressing a wide range of topics
- Community – programs and initiatives bringing together faculty, graduate students, and postdocs from across the disciplines