The Sheridan Center offers an online, self-paced workshop to guide participants through the process of writing a teaching statement and creating a teaching portfolio. Individuals with a Brown affiliation may register for the Canvas site by completing this form. This workshop culminates with the opportunity for graduate students to receive peer feedback on a draft teaching portfolio.
After completing this online workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify effective components of a teaching portfolio
- Write a personal, reflective teaching statement
- Select and annotate teaching materials to include in a teaching portfolio
- Create a draft teaching portfolio
- Solicit feedback and revise a draft teaching portfolio
This workshop is composed of three online modules:
Module 1: Teaching Portfolios: What & Why?
Module 2: Creating a Teaching Statement
Module 3: Feedback & Revision
These modules are designed to be worked through sequentially. Each module consists of readings and activities designed to help participants complete a draft of their teaching portfolio.
Graduate Student and Postdoc participants who complete all three modules are eligible to register to attend
one of four optional peer feedback sessions offered this semester via Zoom:
- September 12th from 9:00-10:00 AM
- October 11th from 3:30-4:30 PM
- October 30th from 12:00-1:00 PM
- November 9th from 1:00-2:00 PM
Enrollment in this online workshop is offered on a rolling basis and participants may join at any time. Register here to participate.