The Sheridan Center Head Teaching Consultants serve an important role at the Center as peer leaders. Head TCs work closely with Sheridan staff to help support the mission of the Center. In 2020-2021, Head TCs will receive a $750 stipend per semester. Reappointment for a second year is possible and contingent upon the fulfillment of position responsibilities. The Sheridan Center welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds who can collaborate with us on inclusive, evidence-based teaching and professional development.
We anticipate appointing 2-3 new Head TCs for the 2020-2021 academic year. Current and former TCs in all disciplines are welcome to apply.
Primary duties include working with Sheridan staff to:
- Serve as a Sheridan Teaching Seminar (Certificate I) workshop facilitator and/or as a “floater” filling in where needed
- Facilitate Cert I make-up workshops and micro-teaching sessions
- Attend Teaching Consultant workshops and facilitate make-up workshops
- Co-organize the TC Invited Speaker Program
- Support the Sheridan Center by performing Teaching Observations and attending and participating in events, such as resource fairs, orientations, Sheridan workshops, and New Graduate TA Orientation
- Potentially support the development of resources for New Graduate TA Orientation
- Serve as a peer leader and source of information about the Sheridan Center
- Organize community-building events for TCs, as needed
- Respond to additional Sheridan Center needs as appropriate and in consultation with Sheridan staff
- Applicants must have completed the Sheridan Teaching Seminar (Certificate I) and have completed the TC Certificate program
- Applicants must be available for Fall Teaching Consultant sessions from 4-6 pm on 09/14; 10/05; 11/2; 11/30; 12/14
- Applicants must be available for Fall Cert I workshops from 4:30-7:30 pm on 09/21; 10/19; 11/09; 12/07, and make-up workshops from 5:30-7:15 pm on 09/23; 10/21; 11/11; 12/09
Note: we understand that you may have other obligations that conflict with a couple of the dates above. We anticipate being able to work with HTCs to maintain coverage between them, provided applicants let us know about potential conflicts in advance on the application.
Please email completed applications to [email protected]. In order to receive full consideration, applications must be received no later than May 1, 2020. Finalists will be invited to interview (likely via Zoom) in May. Questions regarding the position or application may be directed to Senior Associate Director Jessica Metzler at [email protected] or Associate Director Stacey Lawrence at [email protected].