Each year the Sheridan Center appoints 1-2 Head Teaching Consultants who serve as peer leaders and support the work of both the TC program and the Center. In 2019-2020, Head TCs will receive a $750 stipend per semester. Reappointment for a second year is possible and contingent upon the fulfillment of position responsibilities. The Sheridan Center welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds who can collaborate with us on inclusive, evidence-based teaching and professional development.
We anticipate appointing one new Head TC in the Humanities or Social Sciences for the 2019-2020 academic year.
Primary duties include working with Sheridan staff to:
- Serve as a Sheridan Teaching Seminar (Certificate I) workshop facilitator and/or as a “floater” filling in where needed, and facilitate make-up workshops.
- Attend Teaching Consultant and Teaching Fellows workshops and facilitate make-up workshops.
- Co-organize the TC Invited Speaker Program.
- Support the Sheridan Center by performing Teaching Observations and attending and participating in events, such as resource fairs, orientations, Sheridan workshops, and New TA Orientation.
- Serve as a peer leader and source of information about the Sheridan Center.
- Organize community-building events for TCs, as needed.
- Attend Sheridan Center Advisory Board meetings when invited by the Director.
- Applicants must have completed the Sheridan Teaching Seminar (Certificate I) and have completed the TC Certificate program.
- Applicants must be available for Fall Teaching Consultant sessions from 4-6 pm on 09/16; 10/07; 10/28; 11/18; 12/09; 12/16
- Applicants must be available for Fall Cert I workshops from 4:30-7:30 on 09/23; 10/21; 11/11; 12/02, and make-up workshops from 5:30-7:15 on 09/25; 10/23; 11/13; 12/04
Please email completed applications to Associate Director Jessica Metzler at [email protected]. In order to receive consideration, applications must be received no later than May 3, 2019. Finalists will be invited to interview in May. Questions regarding the position or application may be directed to Associate Director Jessica Metzler or Assistant Director Stacey Lawrence at [email protected].