Tutor position openings and application is posted in Workday Recruiting. Prior tutoring or TA experience is not required.
Navigating Workday Job Search Instructions: Student jobs are now posted in Workday. To view available student job postings, click on the Find A Job button above, and log into Workday using your Brown username and password. In the Workday search bar, type Find Jobs - Student and select it from the drop down menu. For detailed instructions, please select Search for Student Jobs under Student Resources from the menu on the left.
Academic Tutoring Program Tutor Job Overview
The Academic Tutoring Program overarching goal is to foster inclusive peer-to-peer teaching and learning practices among undergraduate scholars. Our aim is for students to develop a deeper understanding of course content through peer learning groups that generate greater student confidence to succeed in their scholarly work at Brown and beyond.
Training: All tutors are expected to attend Tutor Training.
Discipline Meetings: Tutors are asked to attend two discipline specific meetings each semester. Discipline meetings give tutors the opportunity to connect with fellow peer tutors and build community, discuss course specific trends, ask questions, and discuss group tutoring challenges and provide guidance other tutors.
Observations: New tutors observe a tutor leader before opening their own group.
Mid-semester meeting: Tutors meet with the Assistant Director to review tutee mid-semester feedback.
Optional Training and Professional Development Opportunities:
- Monthly lunches
- SEAS/BWell workshops (other PD opportunities offered at Sheridan Center)
- Opportunity to apply to serve on the Tutor Advisory Board
- Opportunity to apply for a Tutor Leader position
How do tutors give program feedback about their experience?
- Tutor end of semester questionnaire (Dec/May) is emailed to all tutors allowing them to offer program feedback/experience.
- Tutors also provide feedback during one-on-one mid-semester meetings or at any time throughout the academic year.