During individual language appointments, we provide focused support and feedback on a wide range of topics including reading, writing, listening, speaking, and U.S. cultural norms.
There are multiple appointment options for Spring 2022. All appointments are scheduled in Eastern Standard Time (EST).
In-Person Language Appointment (30-60 Minutes): Choose this option to meet with an ELS staff member in person. In-person appointments are held on the 5th Floor of the Sciences Library and will follow protocols outlined in the COVID-19 campus safety policy.
Zoom Language Appointment (30-60 Minutes): Choose this option to schedule a remote video conference via Zoom. An ELS staff member will share the Zoom link to connect to the conference prior to the scheduled time.
- 30-minute appointments can be used for shorter tasks such as email or resume writing, general conversation practice, specific speaking practice such as pronunciation, or questions about other topics and resources.
60-minute appointments can be used for support on longer writing and speaking tasks such as papers or presentations.
Google Doc Language Appointment (60 Minutes): Choose this option to schedule an online chat appointment via Google Docs for support on any writing task. Please share a Google Doc with the ELS staff member prior to your scheduled appointment. During the appointment time, we will use the Comment and Chat features to conference in real time.
Asynchronous Language Appointment: Choose this option to schedule an appointment that is not in real time. Prior to the appointment time, please share a document via Google Docs or Microsoft Word, as well as the following information:
- the prompt or purpose of the assignment and its stage in the process (e.g., rough draft, revised draft, final draft),
- your goals for the assignment and any specific areas you would like the feedback to focus on,
- and any other information that would be helpful in providing feedback, including time/deadlines.
During the appointment time, an ELS staff member will use the Suggesting or Track Changes modes to provide feedback, which you can then review at any time.
How to Book an Appointment
- Undergraduate students and faculty can schedule an appointment with Anne Kerkian via this Language Appointment Calendar and/or contact [email protected].
- Master’s and Ph.D. students can schedule an appointment with Jen Kim. See online appointments here or in-person appointments here.
If you do not see availability or format that works for you (e.g., time zone difference, internet availability, etc.), please reach out so that we can work with you to shift the appointment time or to determine how we can use other options to support your language goals. Contact [email protected] to learn more about individual support or with questions.