The Sheridan Center offers intensive, immersive opportunities for faculty and graduate students across the disciplines to (re)design courses with colleagues:
- Launch, offered in late summer, is an orientation to teaching at Brown for new faculty.
- Anchor is a course redesign institute for faculty teaching remote, online, or hybrid courses in Fall 2020.
- The Data Science Course Design Institute (2020-present) is offered in January, in collaboration with the Data Sciences Initiative.
- The Problem-Solving Course Design Institute (2018-present) is typically offered in early summer.
- The Seminar for Transformation Around Anti-Racist Teaching is a nine-month program that begins in January 2021.
Previously offered course design institutes include:
- The faculty Capstone Course Design Institute (2018-19) was offered in collaboration with the Swearer Center, in support of The College's initiative to develop capstone course experiences.
- The Writing Across the Curriculum Seminar (2016-18) was offered to support the writing area of the Brown Learning Collaborative.
- The Course-based Undergraduate Research Course Design Institute was offered in January 2019, a collaboration between HHMI and the Sheridan Center.