Our policies are designed to help us best serve Brown's community of writers.
- Students may consult on one paper or project per visit; multiple writing assignments are not allowed.
- Writing appointments start on the hour and last 50 or 55 minutes.
- Students may not have more than one appointment in a day.
- In any given week, you may schedule two separate 1-hour appointments.
- We do not work on take-home exams unless you provide written permission from your course instructor.
- Please cancel at least 24-hours in advance; this way we can give your appointment to someone else.
- If you no-show or repeatedly miss appointments without calling in advance, you will not be allowed to visit the Writing Center again during the semester without approval from the Program Manager.
- If you are more than ten minutes late and do not contact us, your appointment time may be given to another student.