The 2022 Launch Program is a synchronous, three-day overview of course design and teaching at Brown for new faculty. During this program, participants will be able to recognize evidence-based practices in course design and see themselves as a member of the teaching and learning community at Brown. Launch will convene via Zoom from August 2-4, 2022. By the end of Launch, participants will:
- Apply evidence-based practices in course design to their syllabus
- Meaningfully implement technology into course activities
- Build community with new instructors at Brown
- Incorporate peer feedback to develop their syllabus over time
- Engage with teaching and learning resources that enhance their confidence in course design (or teaching at Brown)
- Develop an awareness of the Brown culture and environment
- Critically reflect on their teaching practice
Feedback from past participants
“I developed an understanding or reverse course design, which has provided a really nice framework for me to evaluate potential assessments and learning activities. I have gotten really valuable feedback on my own syllabus and made connections to other faculty and Sheridan Staff that will help me fill in the gaps that I identify in the future. All of that is really valuable stuff!” - 2019 Participant
“This is huge for feeling welcome in a new community and feeling that I have resources to draw on later in the term.” - 2019 Participant
To participate in Launch, please register here by Tuesday, July 19th at 12:00 PM (ET).
For more information, please contact [email protected].