Call for Applications
2019-20 Capstone Course Development Institute
Offered by the Sheridan Center and the Swearer Center, the Capstone Course Development Institute provides support for faculty to develop or redesign and teach a course that scaffolds and supports cumulative capstone learning experiences in their concentration. The program combines a multi-day seminar on pedagogy and course design with a supportive peer community, individual consultation and feedback, and an opportunity to share course and student successes. Institute size is limited to allow for hands-on opportunities, individual support, and the development of a teaching and learning community. Participants may choose to co-design a course with a graduate or undergraduate student, if they wish.
- March 1, 2019: Application Deadline
- March 15-April 5, 2019: One-hour individual consultation
- April 30, 2019; 12-1:20 pm: Luncheon and workshop
- June 5-7, 2019: Intensive three-day course development seminar
- October 2019: Syllabus workshop luncheon
- Fall 2019 or Spring 2020: Participant course offered; formative feedback collected
- March 2020: Cohort luncheon
- Spring 2020: University Awards recognition
- Attendance at all Institute events
- Development or redesign of a course that scaffolds and supports cumulative capstone learning experiences, and submission for CCC approval
- Instruction of the course in AY 2019-20
- Collection of formative feedback from students during the semester the course is taught and engagement with assessment of the program
- $4,000 grant for graduate or undergraduate student co-designer support, or other course development or implementation costs.
Application Deadline: Space is limited. Please apply by March 1, 2019.
Participants will be selected from a range of disciplines.
Associate Director, Sheridan Center for Teaching and Learning